Triball Incentive Spirometer
Tri-balls incentive spirometer is a breathing exerciser which is a flow-oriented device, provides an indirect indicator of inspired volume. It can be used to help strengthen respiratory musculature and to help restore and maintain lung capacity by encouraging slow, deep breathing.
How to use an incentive spirometer
- Move the slider on the outside of the large column to the level that you want to reach or that your doctor recommended.
- Sit or stand up straight, and hold the spirometer in front of you. Be sure to keep it level.
- To start, breathe out normally. Then close your lips tightly around the mouthpiece.
- Make sure that you don’t block the mouthpiece with your tongue.
- Take a slow, deep breath. Breathe in as deeply as you can. As you breathe in, the piston or ball inside the large column will move up. Try to move the piston or ball as high up as you can or to the level your doctor recommended. When you can’t breathe in anymore, hold your breath for 2 to 5 seconds.
- Relax, remove the mouthpiece, and then breathe out normally. Repeat steps 1 through 5 as many times as your doctor tells you to. Then go to step 6.
- After you’ve taken the recommended number of breaths, try to cough a few times.
- This will help loosen any mucus that has built up in your lungs. It will make it easier for you to breathe. If you just had surgery on your belly or chest, hold a pillow over your incision when you cough. This will support your belly or chest and reduce your pain. Repeat steps 1 through 6 as many times a day as your doctor tells you to.
Origin : India
Brand : Ontex
Return Policy : Non-Returnable
- Made from Transparent Material
- Specially Designed With 3 Stage Chambers to Provide More Efficient Exercise
- Innovative Design, Can Be Dis-Assembled into Parts For Cleaning & Disinfection·
- Light Weight & Easy To Carry
- For Single Use
- Please ensure the period between two inspiratory efforts is not less than 1 minute.
- To be used under medical supervision and read the kit manual before use.